Want to be prepared when you're filling out a mortgage loan application and when you're deep in the loan process as well? Documents are needed all the time in this business. No better way than being prepared.
LET'S GET IT TOGETHER...DOCS FOR A MORTGAGE THAT IS...
Documents and forms will be two very common words you will hear when applying for a mortgage loan. What kind of documents might be needed for this process? Take a look below!
- Copies of W-2s for past 2 yrs
- Copies of paycheck stubs for past 30 days (most current)
- Copies of checking and savings acct for past 3 mos (Copy all pages, even if blank, look at the bottom if it says page 1 of 6, then we need all 6 pages, etc.)
- Copies of quarterly or semi-annual for checking, savings, IRA’s, CD’s, money market fund, stocks, 401k’s, profit sharing, etc.(Copy all pages, even if blank, look at the bottom if it says page 1 of 6, then we need all 6 pages, etc.)
- Copy of sales contract – with signatures
- Employment history for past 2 yrs (explain on paper any gaps of employment)
- Residency history over past 2 yrs (complete address), with current mortgage info, if applicable. Land address, and mortgage info, if applicable. Rental property copies of leases plus mortgage info.
- Cancelled earnest money check when it clears with the corresponding bank statement or stamped print-out from the bank showing it has cleared.
- Commissioned or bonus income — if 25% or more of base, must have tax returns.
- Check for the expense of appraisal & credit report (ask first).
- Refinance Copy of Note, Deed of Trust, Settlement Statement, Survey, and Insurance information.
- Any assets used for down payment, closing costs, and cash reserves must be documented by a paper trail.
- If paid off mortgage in the last 2 yrs, need copies of HUD1.
- Copy of driver’s license for applicant and co-applicant.
- Copies of most recent 2 yrs tax returns (federal only-with all schedules including K-1’s if applicable).
- Copy of current profit & loss statement and balance sheet.
- Copy of corporate/partnership tax returns for most recent 2 yr period if owning 25% or more of a company — copies of all W-2’s and/or 1099 forms.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS THAT MIGHT BE REQUIRED:
- Relocation Agreement if move is financed by employer, i.e. buyout agreement plus documentation outlining company paid closing costs benefits.
- Previous bankruptcy, need copies of petition for bankruptcy and discharge, including supporting schedules.
- Divorce Decree if applicable.
- Documentation supporting monies received from social security/retirement trust income, i.e. copies of direct deposit bank statements, award letters, need evidence your income will continue.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR FHA OR VA LOANS:
- FHA: Copy of social security card and drivers license for each applicant and co-applicants.
- VA: Original Certificate of Eligibility and copy of DD214 Discharge Paper.
- VA: Name and address of nearest living relative.